Sunday, May 17, 2015

Endgame

This upcoming week is the last full week of school.  Following it are two 4-day weeks, and then two months off.

I have some travel planned this summer so I'm looking forward to the time off.  That doesn't mean I've stopped teaching, though--no, despite the pleas from my students we're still working in my math classes.  My seniors will have the longest summer of their lives off, most not starting school until September.  They don't need a few more weeks if we can use that time to review, retain, and master some material.

OK, so on one of our upcoming days we'll play Statistics Jeopardy.  I downloaded a PowerPoint template which looks like the Jeopardy board, and you put in your own questions and answers.  The Jeopardy music is already built in!  It's way cool, an entertaining yet serious review of topics from the last semester.

In 5 classes (two different courses) I have only a few students who may not pass.  No one's out of the game yet.

No comments: